Own the Bone:
- provides tools and resources necessary to begin
your own fragility fracture program.
- helps institutions establish a fracture liaison service (FLS)
in which a care coordinator (normally a RN or NP) ensures
that post-fracture patients are identified and receive appropriate
evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, under the supervision of
their primary care physician, orthopaedic surgeon or osteoporosis
- has been tested
and proven effective.
- provides access to benchmarking capabilities enabling
you to measure your hospital's performance internally as well as
- is adaptable to suit your institution and patient population's
- provides the structure necessary to implement higher quality
standards. "Failure to diagnose" osteoporosis
associated with related fractures is likely to become a key quality
of care and professional liability issue for hospitals and
- is the right thing to do. By enrolling in Own the Bone,
physicians, medical specialists, and hospitals are showing that
they are concerned about patient bone health and that their
patients will receive the appropriate follow-up care.
Click here to watch a
short informational video from Own the Bone subscriber Texas Health
Arlington Memorial Hospital to learn about their program and how it
is helping improve patient care.